Why Work with a Group Health Insurance Broker?
For most employers, health benefits are the largest business expense next to payroll. One of the most important decisions any business leader can make is choosing the right insurance broker. In today’s turbulent economy, it is most important to have an experienced strategic partner to explore all opportunities for efficiency and cost control while meeting the benefit needs of the employees and benefit program goals of the employer.
Brokers are paid by the insurance carriers so you will pay the same premium whether you use a broker or not. There is no need to navigate the world of benefits on your own. Brokers can help deal with insurance claim issues, keep tabs on premium increases, are informed about special programs introduced by carriers, can educate about tax saving solutions and work with employees on an individual basis to choose plans.
However, all brokers are not created equal!
I am committed to becoming part of the team and therefore offer services, support and technology that comes at no cost to my clients. Here is a sampling:
- A dedicated service team- Management and employees should know and have access to their broker team
- Benefit Consultant / Strategist – Define objectives and develop action plan for long term; adapt as needed based on goals, trends and market factors
- Account Manager – In the office to answer questions from management and employees regarding claims issues, benefit design questions, covered services, etc.
- Customized and branded benefit website – Employees and families have access to benefit summaries, forms, physician directories and our contact information
- Employee surveys – We like to get to know the needs of the employees rather than pay for benefits employees don’t use
- Communication – Open enrollment meetings, one-on-one employee meetings as new hires join and monthly wellness and benefit newsletters
- Client Resource Center – HR and benefits library, forms, templates, employee handbooks, benchmarking data
- HR compliance consulting – Employee relations issues, HIPAA and COBRA questions,
- Education – Monthly educational webinars on Health Care Reform and relevant HR topics
- Wellness – Health and wellness programs; Reduce absenteeism, utilization and cost for the long-term.
A Solutions-based Agency – one source for payroll, benefits and human resources
If you are looking for benefits, HR and payroll automation, we are the only agency in the State of Oregon to offer a low cost one-source solution called Xtensia through our affiliate The ProSential Group, a national team of HR and benefits advisers. Studies show that about 5% of companies are automated in their HR department, but over the next 5 years that will jump to 80%. As the benefit arena continues to change, we are poised and ready to help get you moving in that direction. Watch a 3 minute video on Xtensia http://www.brainshark.com/HRTechnologies/vu?pi=zIGzcEyuJz2Tekz0
- adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.
- the state of being whole, entire, or undiminished.
The way we do business is based on our morals and ethical principles. A broker should have your best interest at heart and truly understand you and your business in order to find the most appropriate plans at the best cost for your individual organization.